MISSION & OBJECTIVES
- In a healthy community every member has a place.
- All members of the community share a responsibility to ensure that this is the case.
- Crime is an important indicator of community health.
- An effective crime prevention strategy must be based on approaches which ensure individuals at risk of committing crime have help in finding their place in the community
- While demonstrating community values and administering consequences the criminal
justice system should be restorative.
- To promote and encourage individual well being through services to persons at risk of
- To promote the humane and effective functioning of the Criminal Justice System at all levels as a restorative process;
- To be informed about the nature and extent of crime in the community and its social context;
- To promote changes in those social conditions which engender crime;
- To promote community awareness of crime and its context and encourage citizens involvement in inclusionary crime prevention strategies.